Photobucket

Blog updated with awesomeness by noone
if anyone wants to update the blog, holla at Andrew Sanford on Facebook and we;ll get you set up

:: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 ::

 

Skatespot BMX Demo & Concrete Park Poured Concrete Today!

They started shooting the shotcrete for the bowl today in Lafayette and by looking at how much they got done today, they'll be done shooting the transitions in probably 4 days assuming the weather does holds up. Hopefully the grand opening will happen in about 2 weeks. People have been working on the jumps too in fact I saw some d00ds out there digging today.









Okay, so there seems to be some confusion about the two Demo's coming up so let me try to clear things up.

First of all, there is going to be a Monster Energy Drink Demo/Jam at Skatespot on January 30th. Rick Thorne and his band, Good Guys In Black, are going to play. Afterwards, if you pre-registered for the jam/demo, YOU WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO BMX IN SKATESPOT. Let me repeat that. YOU CAN RIDE YOUR BIKE IN SKATESPOT IF YOU PRE-REGISTER. You will pay $12.50 (normal session fee) and you will be able to ride your bike in Skatespot for an hour and a half, I'm assuming with the Monster Team. Once the jam is over with, Rick Thorne is going to pick a rider to get flow from Monster. I shit you not. REGISTRATION HAS NOT OPENED YET so don't call until I post the rest of the details on here and inform everyone that registration has opened up. When it does open, THERE WILL BE A LIMITED NUMBER OF PEOPLE ALLOWED TO REGISTER (probably around 30) since the alloted time to ride is so short. It's only that short because there will be a Skate demo for an hour and a half right after, too. Pegs will be allowed and there will not be any limitations as to what you can ride or do.

Now, this demo/jam is extremely important because Skatespot has been considering offering a bike night (probably once a month) at the park. The owner is using the demo/jam kind of as a trial run to see if bikes will damage the park (which they won't because the park is solid as shit, I know because I helped build some of it). This is a really big deal for Lafayette (and Louisiana too I guess) because 1.) as far as I know, Buck Nutty's still has no power 2.) Skatespot is the biggest park in Louisiana and 3.) because everyone has been wanting to ride this park since they built it 6 years ago. So even if you don't register to ride, PLEASE come watch and hang out and make friends with the owner and tell him that your 180's and tireslides AREN'T going to break his ramps.



Ok, now we have the grand opening of the concrete park in Lafayette which is an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT DEMO THAN WHAT I JUST MENTIONED ABOVE. I just got off the phone with Brock Gomez and he informed me that some of the Icon riders and TBC Party! riders will be doing a BMX demo in addition to the skate demo by Skatespot. I do not have a date on this yet and I have no idea if it will happen before or after the Skatespot demo. These two things just so happen to fall around the same time but they are different events and they will be on different days.

I hope everyone is clear now. I know I have fallen off lately and I'm sorry peeps. I took 19 hours last semester, I took a winter class over the break, and I am taking 21 hours this semester. If you haven't been to college yet then just trust me when I say that 21 hours makes it hard for you to find time to poop. This is all on top of me working at Skatespot, doing an internship at The Independent newspaper, having a girlfriend, and trying to setup my photography business (by the way, my site is ALMOST done :). I know these are all kind of copouts but I figured I would kind of fill everyone in on why I haven't been riding too much. Hope all is well!




posted by Ooti  # 5:12 PM
Comments:
Hey Andrew, this is the Lafayette Park and you owe me $100. I accept cash or PayPal. :)
 
welcome to the world of big boys ootster. haha. miss ya kid. ima try and be at that demo if i can make it. ill be rippin the sickest wheelies around on that new bowl every mornin im home. buulleeeeee dat
 
holy moly 12.50 for and hour and half!!!
 
Think of it more as $12.50 for an hour and a half contest run in a jam session format and not to much a session. Or you can think of it as $12.50 to ride a park that doesn't allow BMX... yet.
 
I think of it as $12.50 that I could use at the bar!
 
what date is it on im leavin feb 12th

and i wanna ride skate spot well bad
 
I didn't know that little hip sort of perfect thing in the center of the bowl was going to be that low, and awesome. I can't wait to ride that all day. I am more stoked on the bowl than the demo, but shit yeah lafayette!
 
Just wondering if you know the full layout or not Ooti, but I noticed that it's about three ft. abover the ground, and what's it going to be like fully complete? A bank to deck, or stairs to deck?
 
Andrew, nobody cares what an alcoholic thinks about $12.50. :p

Pete, the Skatespot Jam is January 30th and we don't have a date for the grand opening of the concrete park yet but it should be right around the same time.

Anonymous, the full layout is going to be just like that C.A.D. file I've been posting every once in a while over the past year. Go through the news for a little while and you will find it. It's about 3 feet above the ground and for now, it will probably just be dirt to a deck although we are already talking about a phase two of the concrete park in which there will be some things leading in and out of the bowl.
 
curse you, naked baby, curse you!
 
Hey Andrew, aren't you due to do a tailwhip and break something soon? It's been a few months. :p
 
nah, every since Brit has been rockin my world, ive been riding wayyy better. tell her i said thanks you and ill see her on the 25th:)
 
sweet im gonna do that registerin thing tomorow

drop some hammers
clock some bangers
 
You know Andrew, what you and Brit have is special... with Maria and I, whenever I want my "world rocked", I have to drop some GHB in her cosmopolitan first. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   June 2011   June 2013   July 2013   September 2013   October 2013   November 2013   December 2013   January 2014   February 2014   March 2014   October 2014