Photobucket

Blog updated with awesomeness by noone
if anyone wants to update the blog, holla at Andrew Sanford on Facebook and we;ll get you set up

:: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 ::

 

I got some mail today...

This came from Rob Crews in the mail today:

Even though I don't live in BR and I'm not an Iowa/Aster St. local I still feel like I should help out and show support in any way I can. I always felt welcome to go in the yard and ride that ramp anytime I came around. Sometimes I would just show up out of nowhere to ride and no one would ever tell me shit or ask me for a dime. I have a lot of unforgettable good memories from being on that ramp and chilling in BR. I even put down a few screws and sheets of plywood on that ramp back in the day when it was first built. That's not much but I helped out a little when I could. So in a way that ramp has been just as much a part of my life as it has been a part of all the locals' lives. That ramp has been there for me to ride anytime I ever wanted and now I see a ramp and people that need support- I'll be damned if I just sit back and see this happen and not do anything about it or show some form of support. If I didn't give a fuck at all about this situation I could not feel good about calling myself a true BMX rider. BR is not my home but Louisiana is so that makes yall my closest neighbors and brothers in BMX. So I'm down to show support and contribute something. It's the least I can do and I wish I could do more. Much respect to the core group of people who made the BR BMX scene what it is today. Yall know who you are. I look up to yall and continue to learn a lot about what I can do to make my own scene better. I hope this helps out with the rebuilding of the ramp.

Keepin it real and representing the South of the South

Rob Crews
Westbank New Orleans


I was pretty shocked by this letter along with the $100 money order that came with it. It's crazy that someone who lives an hour away with a full-time job plus a child to take care of can put up more money than these locals who live in BR and ride the ramp on a frequent basis:

Micky Marshall ($80)
G-Rad ($22)
Jade Jacob ($18.79)
Brandon Sanford ($5)
Cody Miller ($5)
Gus ($4)
Erik Stevenson ($0)
Lil Pat ($0)
Tommy Manasco ($0)

HUGE thanks go out to Rob Crews for his support of a scene that can't seem to support itself. It means a lot to me and the other riders trying to save the ramp.

-Brock

posted by Brock  # 4:28 AM
Comments:
Much respect on that one...
-fat
 
LOL on posting how much everyone put down (or didn't put down).
 
love the politics in bmx
 
Its kind of odd that you would put a list of what people have and haven't given, especially when it's missing some key names of people who use the ramp often (and has a name or two of people who are never on there.)

Just seems like if you're going to go that route [in calling out people in a public domain] you would try and be more accurate.
 
Its kind of odd that you would put a comment up on the board and not leave your name. Part of the reason that there are some names missing is I did not put up the names of people who have put up a reasonable amount of money. Since you seem concerned about something that you obviously have no idea about I will explain further:

If I really wanted to call people out and make them feel like shitbags for not putting up money I could have posted the following:

TJ Gills: $217
Jon Rogers: $115.42
Seth Bradley: $115.42
Brad Jensen: $124 (not to mention the fact that he paid for 90% of the original ramp by himself)
Brock Gomez: Over $400

If you want accuracy I can give it to you. I have all the receipts from March through November of this year with the amounts given by each person recorded on the receipt.

There is nothing odd about posting people's names and contributions (or lack thereof) on the website. People don't have a problem getting their picture posted on the website or their picture in the LSU newspaper while riding the ramp, yet they have a problem with me explaining the facts of the situation on the website. Maybe if they would get off their asses and give me $84 they wouldn't have to worry about being embarrassed.

Thanks for your comment, its really nice to see someone step up and give their opinion. Too bad you couldn't leave a name.
 
Oh yeah, Michael Allen: $80 plus a verbal commitment to donating all profits from Louisiana Young Guns II to the ramp.
 
wow well lets see, i was around way before the ramps were built and I didnt use them too much at all but I am willing to donate to the ramps. what I suggest is that you get a pay-pal account so people online can donate! duh!!! also before the ramps were torn down why didnt you all host a ramp jam to help save the ramps? Im sure ALOT of people would have came out!!!
 
Kyle,

Thanks for the suggestions on raising money for the ramps. We did have a contest back in May to help gather funds for the ramps which is kind of how this whole situation got started. Since February I've been trying to get the locals to help out with the cost of repairs on the ramp. It seems a little unfair to me to expect people from out of town to support our riding scene. It's not like we are a bunch of kids- we've all got jobs and are supposed to be adults. It shouldn't be this hard- there are at least 10 people who rode the ramps on a regular basis and I really thought that gathering up $100 from each person wouldn't be a big deal.

I have thought about the Paypal account but I don't want to get too involved with tax issues and things of that nature. I don't own Louisiana BMX (Fat Tony still takes care of that) and I think adding a Paypal account to his responsibilities would be a pain in the ass.

If you still want to donate you can call me at (225) 324-6638 or email me at bmxman187@hotmail.com

Thanks again for your constructive criticism. It is appreciated. Hopefully we can get the ramps running by Savage South. Keep your fingers crossed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   June 2011   June 2013   July 2013   September 2013   October 2013   November 2013   December 2013   January 2014   February 2014   March 2014   October 2014